Tuesday, September 23, 2008

First 2008 Presidential Debate

On Friday September 26, 2008 Barak Obama and John McCain will debate over foreign policy issues. The debate will be held in Mississippi at the University of Mississippi. Some of the key underlying issues are going to be on nation building in foreign countries (like what is going on in Iraq and several other countries) and our relationship and dependence on China. It is going to be interesting to see the different policy plans that both candidates propose.

Personally, I am pretty fed up with both candidates. I really hope that these debates don't result in personal attacks but instead look towards how they are going to help the country get out of the horrible economic position that we find ourselves in. We are in a crisis and our focus should be on how we are going to help us prosper instead of who has a daughter having a child as a teenager or who might still be connected to the Muslim religion. So many Americans only look at the fact that one candidate is Republican and the other is Democrat. Being president is so much more than that. The U.S. needs a president that can work with the opposing party and get things DONE. I am relying on these debates to make my decision on who I think will help this country and myself. I hope neither candidate disappoints me.

No comments: